PHM Global Secretariat is seeking applicants for the post of Project Coordinator (Global) – Equitable Access to COVID 19 Technologies (EACT) project. Those interested may apply by sending a email with their CV, three references and their contact details, and a covering letter stating why they are interested in this assignment to firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com by August 14th , 6 pm IST.
Project Coordinator- EACT Project
Job Title: Global Project Coordinator- EACT. (Promoting Equitable Access to Medical products in the Covid 19 Context.)
Job Location: Flexible
Description of Position
Fixed-Term From date of joining up to June 30th 2021
• People’s Health Movement (PHM) is a global network of organisations and individuals committed to the advancement of health for all and social justice. The PHM is comprised of country circles in more than 80 countries, and networks and affiliated organisations at the regional and global level. The programmes and activities of PHM are supported by a decentralised Secretariat, under the PHM Global Coordinator.
• PHM has 4 major global programmes. These include Global Health Watch (GHW), a book published so far in 5 editions; the International People’s Health University (IPHU) that provides training for young activists of PHM;; the World Health Organisation (WHO) Watch which is an intervention in global health governance and. the Health for All Campaign (HFAC) creates linkages between and an overarching framework for PHM’s country circles campaigns on key issues.
• The project entitled ‘Equitable Access to Essential Health Technologies in the context of the COVID 19’ (EACT project) aims to develop a stronger commitment within governments and global institutions and in the public discourse to make policies related to access to technologies based on public health priorities, rather than on market principles and corporate profits. This would include:
1. Re-framing of governance (both global and national) in areas of research and development (R&D)
2. Reiterating the role of the state in ensuring universal and equitable access to essential health technologies through better policies reflecting public health priorities with regard to manufacture, procurement, distribution, pricing of products as well as the better organization and financing of healthcare services. Policies of universal access must always prioritize equitable access.
• Coordinate and Organize the work of the project “Promotion of Equitable Access to Medical Products in the context of COVID 19 Pandemic.” This includes
• Coordination with three country circles on the implementation of the project
• Develop global studies as required with collaborators drawn with guidance from the thematic trade and health circle for relevant policy maps and policy products relevant to this project- with necessary secondary data collection, literature reviews and interviews as required.
• Coordination with global civil society organizations working in this thematic area
• Liaison with global health institutions working in this thematic area
• The development of appropriate communication material d) facilitating communication with appropriate networks and groups and maintaining the necessary data bases for this. e) Developing position papers, policy briefs, primers as appropriate to the thematic area. f) conceptualizing and supporting campaigns in this areas.
• Assist the global coordinator in the development of new proposals for sustaining this work and preparing and sharing reports with SC/ Coordinating Commission with focus on the work of the thematic circle on trade and health at the global level.
• Supervise and support the work of EACT India Research associate.
• Other specific tasks as assigned by the Global Coordinator.
• Demonstrate strong commitment to the mission of PHM
Reporting to: PHM Global Coordinator, Sama Resource Group for Women and Health, New Delhi
Required Skills and Competencies:
• Good experience and qualifications in relevant research and/or in activism on the relevant theme for at least 10 year.
• Education: Post- graduation minimum, Doctoral qualification is desirable.
• Proven Experience in developing policy perspectives and policy briefs, writing reports from a progressive civil society organization perspective.
• Peer-reviewed journal publications record is desirable.
• Understanding of issues in technology and innovation R&D and/or in manufacture and global supply chains related to medicines.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work on multiple IT platforms, familiarity with websites and social media management.
• Proficiency in all applications of MS Office, especially Word and Excel, or their open source alternatives.
• Excellent English written and oral communication skills and in one other Indian or foreign language.
• Demonstrable ability to work virtually.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time and meet deadlines
Salary package: depending on relevant work experience.
Those short-listed for further discussion would be sent a more detailed note on the project and the expectations of the global project coordinator.