EACT India project implementation committee of People’s Health Movement (PHM) is seeking applicants for the post of Research Associate – Equitable Access to COVID 19 Technologies (EACT) project. Those interested may apply by sending an email with their CV and two references, and a covering letter stating why they are interested in this post, to email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 14th. 6 pm IST.
Details given below:
Research Associate for EACT India
Job Title: Research Associate for EACT- India. (Equitable Access to COVID 19 technologies)
Job Location: Flexible
Duration of Position
Fixed-Term 10 to 11 month contract: From date of joining up to June 30th 2021
• People’s Health Movement (PHM) is a global network of organisations and individuals committed to the advancement of health for all and social justice. The PHM is comprised of country circles in more than 80 countries including in India as Jan Swasthya Abhiyan (JSA); networks and affiliated organisations at the regional and global level. The programmes and activities of PHM are supported by a decentralised Secretariat, under the PHM Global Coordinator. For more information on PHM activities please refer to the website www.phmovement.org
• The project entitled ‘Equitable Access to Essential Health Technologies in the context of the COVID 19’ (EACT) aims to develop a stronger commitment within governments and global institutions and in the public discourse to make policies related to access to technologies based on public health priorities, rather than on market principles and corporate profits. This would include:
1. Reiterating the role of the state in ensuring universal and equitable access to essential health technologies through better policies reflecting public health priorities with regard to manufacture, procurement, distribution, pricing of products as well as the better organization and financing of healthcare services. Policies of universal access must always prioritize equitable access.
2. Re-framing of governance (both global and national) in areas of research and development (R&D)
1 Support the work of the project “Promotion of Equitable Access to Medical Products in the context of COVID 19 Pandemic” in India. This includes a) organizational work with respect to project; b) data collection for project- both qualitative and quantitative- both from primary and secondary sources; c) report writing on progress with respect to project, proposal development; d) the development of appropriate communication material; e) facilitating communication with appropriate networks and groups and maintaining the necessary data bases for this; f) developing position papers, policy briefs, primers as appropriate to the thematic area; g) conceptualizing and supporting campaigns in this areas.
2 Assist the EACT India project implementation committee in the development of new proposals and preparing and sharing reports with JSA NCC /PHM SC with focus on the work of JSA thematic circle on access to medicines in India and on trade and health at the global PHM level.
3 Other specific tasks as assigned by the Global Project Coordinator of EACT project and the EACT India project implementation committee.
4 Regular Reporting to: the EACT India Project implementation committee and Sama Resource Group for Women and Health, New Delhi
Required Skills and Competencies:
• Post Graduate in Public Health; or relevant Social or Health sciences, or significant professional experience.
• Good proven skills in drafting statements, policy briefs, writing report etc.
• Prior engagement with advocacy and campaigns on health rights and access to medicines in JSA is an advantage
• Peer-reviewed journal publications record is desirable.
• Ability to work on multiple IT platforms, familiarity with websites and social media management.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in all applications of MS Office, especially Word and Excel, or their open source alternatives.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and in one other Indian language
• Demonstrable ability to work virtually.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time and meet deadlines
Salary package: depending on relevant work experience.