People’s Health Movement (PHM) is seeking applicants for the post of Public Health Communications Officer. This post is open to only applicants working from/in India. Those interested may apply by sending an email with their CV and two references, and a covering letter stating why they are interested in this post, to firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com by December 31st, 6 pm IST.
Public Health Communications Officer
Job Title: PHM Communications Officer
Description of Position
Fixed-term 12-month contract, renewable dependent on performance and availability of funds for one more year. with 3 months probation.
- People’s Health Movement (PHM) is a global network of organisations and individuals committed to the advancement of health for all and social justice. The PHM is comprised of country circles in more than 80 countries, and networks and affiliated organisations at the regional and global level. The programmes and activities of PHM are supported by a decentralised Secretariat, under the PHM Global Coordinator.
- PHM has a number major global programmes. These include Global Health Watch (GHW), a book published so far in 5 editions; the International People’s Health University (IPHU) that provides training for young activists of PHM; the Health for All Campaign (HFAC) creates linkages between and an overarching framework for PHM’s country circles campaigns on key issues; t and he World Health Organisation (WHO) Watch which is an intervention in global health governance through involving activists in documenting and critiquing resolutions and proceedings of the WHO governing bodies. There are other specific projects and programs that PHM takes up.
- The PHM also undertakes a number of research activities and publication work that contributes to shaping public understanding and informing and supporting policy interventions.
- Implement the communication strategy of PHM and contribute to its communications through different channels including website, social media, online platforms etc.
- Design Up-gradations, content planning and content renewal, and management of outreach of the social media platforms of PHM- viz Wesbsite, twitter, facebook, PHM exchange
- Maintain data-bases of contacts and networks, resources and resource persons, and systems of easy retrieval.
- Rapid dissemination of statements/reports/communication material through the different channels with some measure and feedback on extent of successful dissemination
- Provide an interface for the PHM Global Programs with the above communication channels and data bases.
- Undertake the organization of translations into the main PHM international languages- English, Spanish, French and Arabic- and be able to put up key statements, and comments and report in all these languages.
- Undertake the communication support required for the “ Effective use of TRIPS flexibilities” project and other support functions as may be required.
- Support the development of communication material- procurement and evaluation of service providers, contracts, review etc.
- Coordinate with the Steering Council, Coordinating Commission and with point persons of PHM’s country circles on specific tasks as assigned by the Global Coordinator.
- Contribute to other activities as requested by global coordinator or coordinating commission.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to the mission of PHM.
Reporting to: PHM Global Coordinator for all work, and to “ Effective Use of TRIPS flexibilities” project management for that aspect.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- At least 3 years relevant experience in communications
- Good familiarity with IT systems and platforms in common use.
- Ability to manage a website independently – and to guide process of design and up-gradation as and when necessary.
- Skills in design, illustration, brand image and video content creation are desirable.
- Knowledge in public health is desirable. Need not be formal qualification- could be testified to by past work.
- At least Post-graduation preferable.
- Experience in networking especially in civil society organizations or peoples movements is desirable. Prior engagement with health and access to medicines activism is an advantage.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in all applications of MS Office, especially Word and Excel, or their open source alternatives.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Additional foreign language is an advantage .
- Demonstrable ability to work virtually.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time and meet deadlines
Salary package: Based on experience and qualifications.